Saturday, Sept. 7
• Beans & Rice Ministry food distribution, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Grace Episcopal Church, 1000 Leighton Ave., 256-236-4457.
• Fundraiser yard sale, 7 a.m., Mars Hill Baptist Church, 1903 Noble St., the Rev. Charles Burton is pastor.
Sunday, Sept. 8
• Friends and family day, 3 p.m., Mars Hill Baptist Church, 1903 Noble St., the Rev. Charles Burton Sr. is pastor, guest speaker will be the Rev. Zachary Huff of Mt. Zion Baptist Church of East Gadsden.
• Homecoming, 10 a.m., Pleasant Abor Baptist Church, between Spring Garden and Rock Run, singers will be The Joymasters of Canton, Ga.
• Annual Men’s Day program, 11 a.m. service, Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 1130 W. 14th St., the Rev. Carlton L. Phillips is pastor; guest speaker will be Pastor Justin Freeman; the theme is “Men walking in solidarity with the Savior. Micah 6:8.”
• Classes begin today for Dave Ramsey’s “Financial Peace University,” Heflin Baptist Church, corner of Bedwell and Almon Streets in Heflin, visit www.daveramsey.com/findaclass to register, or call 256-463-2576 for more information.
• Annual Women Day, 2:30 p.m., New Aera Baptist Church, Micaville, the Rev. Clarence Brown is pastor; guest speaker will be Pastor Elizabeth Hughley of God’s Covenant Ministry, women wear red and white, dinner will be served.
• Special guest speaker will be Bishop Ronald Wilson, general superintendent, Hall’s Chapel Worship Center, Weaver.
• Second annual blessing of the bikes, 9:30 a.m., Grace Tabernacle Ministries, 4507 Whites Gap Road, Jacksonville, lunch will be served.
• Family and friends day program, 3 p.m., Mars Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 1923 Noble St., the Rev. Charles Burton Sr. is pastor, guest speaker will be the Rev. Zachary A. Huff of Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church of East Gadsden.
Friday, Sept. 13
• Women’s conference, 7 p.m., El Shaddai Ministries, 6826 U.S. 77, Talladega, Debra George to speak.
Saturday, Sept. 14
• Women’s conference, 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., El Shaddai Ministries, 6826 U.S. 77, Talladega, Tiffani Steljamin to speak.
How to submit calendar items
Submit announcements no less than 10 days before the event takes place.
• Email to email@example.com “For Faith Calendar”
• Fax to 256-241-1991, note “Attn: Anniston Star Faith Calendar”
• Mail to The Anniston Star, Attn: Faith Calendar, P.O. Box 189, Anniston, AL 36202
• Drop off to The Star’s office at 4305 McClellan Blvd.
Call 256-235-3556 with any questions.