Now you can celebrate baseball's incredible history and culture at the Tauck Baseball Event: America's Pastime. This once-in-a-lifetime four-day exclusive Ken Burns event offers you a chance to visit the National Baseball Hall of Fame Museum in Cooperstown, N.Y. and learn things about the game you never knew before.
Burns himself is a famed baseball historian and the producer of the Emmy Award-winning PBS documentary 'Baseball' and its follow-up, 'The Tenth Inning.' He has countless encounters, stories and experiences to share about the game's great players.
This event is built around rotating baseball-themed 'innings,' allowing groups of 30 to 35 people to enjoy a more in-depth, hands-on experience. Your visit also includes three nights in the historic accommodations of The Otesaga Resort on Otsego Lake in Cooperstown. But there is plenty to do besides relax in these lush furnishings.
Here are just some of the other insider activities you'll enjoy when you take part in The Tauck Baseball Event: America's Pastime:
* Meet Ken Burns during an exclusive private evening at the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum following his keynote address; exclusive for the Tauck event.
* Meet and mingle with Hall of Fame players at historic Doubleday Field and enjoy a private session with their coaching. Past guests include 318 game-winning knuckleballer Phil Niekro and 13-time Gold Glove winning shortstop Ozzie Smith.
* Hear presentations from Major League and All-American Girls Professional Baseball League players, baseball historians and other experts to get their take on the game. You'll learn valuable insights into the game and discover baseball's origins to find out how a simple stick and ball game became The Great American Pastime. Past speakers have included: author Daniel Okrent, broadcaster, author and former MLB Doug Glanville and former women's league player Lois Youngen.
* Take a behind-the-scenes VIP tour of the Hall of Fame Museum and see rare artifacts. You'll also have time to explore the Hall of Fame after it has been closed to the public.
* Enjoy reserved seats in rows three and four for a once-in-a-lifetime event at the Clark Sports Center: the 75th Anniversary Concert of the National Baseball Hall of Fame. This concert will feature the Boston Pops Orchestra, top recording artists, film and television celebrities including guitarist and former New York Yankees All-Star Bernie Williams.
This travel event is limited to 130 guests so don't delay. To learn more about this event, call 800-468-2825 or visit Tauck online at www.tauck.com.